The heavy machining team is lead by our Heavy Machining Supervisor- Jason Isemonger. Jason supervises a team of experienced machinists who have a wide range of machining and fitting experience in various industries.
AIE provides Heavy Machining Services to its clients throughout New Zealand and internationally from our Bay Of Plenty premises.
We are happy to support other engineering companies with their heavy machining requirements.
Download our capability worksheet here:
Equipment in the Heavy Machining area includes:
Three large Centre Lathes with up to:
- 20,000kg maximum job weight
- 12 metres between centres
- 1,550mm diameter swing over bed
- 1,250mm diameter swing over saddle
- 1,750mm diameter swing in gap
- axial indexing on spindle
- milling, drilling, linishing and grinding to full capacity of machine
- CNC capability up to 6 metres
Vertical Lathe with:
- 18,000kg table capacity
- 3,300mm maximum OD machineable
- 3,000mm diameter table
- 2,300mm maximum vertical machining height
- 2,300mm maximum height of workpiece
- 1.02 to 92 Revs per minute table rotation
This machine includes a number of attachments including a taper turning and threading attachment and electronic copying attachment.
Milling machines with:
- 5,000kg capacity on table
- 1,900mm longitudinal traverse
- 800mm cross traverse
- 1,050mm vertical traverse
- CNC machining centres
- Deep hole drilling up to 210mm diameter and 1,200mm deep